What is vegetarian meat?
Abstract: Protein vegetarian meat, also known as textured soy protein, is a dish. The main ingredient is soy protein bean cake, which is made by crushing, modulating, puffing, drying, and packaging.
Keywords: protein vegetarian meat, textured soy protein, vegetarian food
The protein-vegetable meat has a smooth texture and easy taste, and can be used in cold dressing, hot stir-frying, soup, frying, etc. Soy protein vegetarian meat is refined by high-temperature puffing, tissue shaping, and hot-air drying. It is a kind of vegetarian food with a flavor and texture similar to meat. Protein vegetarian meat is the latest top product among soy products. It is the only plant-based food that can replace animal protein. It is rich in protein (50% on dry basis) and a variety of amino acids and dietary fiber. It is rich in nutrition and has a unique flavor, and its protein content is far Much higher than meat, fat content is lower than meat, no cholesterol, and the taste is more delicate than meat, suitable for all ages, is an ideal healthy soy products. Regular consumption of this product is good for health. It is the best choice for professional vegetarians, tourists and leisure travelers, fashion gourmets, beauty and slimming ladies, and wealthy and sick patients.
The technical process of protein meat is: bean cake→crushing→mixing→extrusion→drying and packaging.
- Bean cake: use the bean cake after oil extraction.
- Crushing: mechanically grind the soybean cake into soybean flour.
- Mixing: Mix the original and auxiliary materials in the proportions of 25 kg soy flour, 20 g edible caustic soda, 20 g salt, and 1 kg boiled water.
- Extrusion and puffing: Put the mixed raw materials into the puffing machine, pressurize and heat to make the soybean flour dough fully cooked. Roll forming into an artificial meat strip with a width of 4 cm and a thickness of 0.5 cm. The quality of the product mainly depends on the control temperature of the machine. According to the requirements of the raw materials, the meat slices should not be raw, burnt, continuous, and broken.
- Drying: Expose the meat slices to dryness, or use an electric furnace to dry.
- Packaging: Pack the finished product in plastic bags, store or sell it in a sealed manner.
Protein meat is rich in plant protein, has no cholesterol, and is low in fat. It is an ideal food for people with high blood pressure, coronary heart disease and diabetes. It tastes delicious and delicious. Long-term consumption can enhance physical fitness and is beneficial to health.
The “Dietary Guidelines for Chinese Residents” (2007 edition) clearly states:
- Protein is the main constituent of the human body, accounting for 45% of the total body material and 70% of the total muscle. The construction and repair of human tissues, body metabolism, acid-base balance of body fluids, and energy for life activities all depend on the daily activities of proteins in the body.
- The protein content of soybeans is about 35%-40%, which is 4-5 times that of cereals. Among them, the content of “essential amino acids” is relatively sufficient, the components are complete, and it has the characteristics of high solubility and easy absorption. plant protein”.
- It is recommended to consume 40g of soybeans or its products per person per day.
Protein vegetarian meat is mainly used in meat products, quick-frozen food (stuffing, balls), vegetarian food, instant snack food, which can effectively improve product quality and reduce costs; it can also be directly cooked at home and is convenient to eat. It is suitable for cold dressing, roasting, and stir-frying. It is delicious and delicious. It is the first choice for schools, government canteens, western food, Chinese food, and catering centers.
Before eating the protein meat, soak it in warm water for 20 minutes to squeeze out the water to remove the beany taste. Protein meat can be used with animal meat for stir-frying or filling, and it can also be used with other fungus vegetables to produce canned protein meat, or add human ham to produce soy protein ham. Protein meat has a high protein content and contains essential trace elements for the human body. It has a meaty chewy feeling when eaten, and the price is not high.
Soy products such as protein meat and honey are good nutrition, but these two foods cannot be eaten at the same time. Tofu can clear heat and dispel blood, and lower the large intestine turbidity. Honey is sweet, cool and smooth, and the two things are eaten together, which can easily cause diarrhea. At the same time, honey contains a variety of enzymes, and tofu also contains a variety of minerals, plant proteins and organic acids. Mixed eating of the two is prone to produce biochemical reactions that are not conducive to the human body. Therefore, after eating tofu, it is not advisable to eat honey, let alone eat the same.
Beans contain inhibitors, saponins and lectins, all of which are bad for the human body. The best way to deal with them is to boil soy milk. Those who consume soy milk for a long time should not forget to add the trace element zinc.