The nutritional value of textured vegetable protein and food processing
Abstract: Textured vegetable protein (TVP) is a kind of food that changes the form of protein composition in some way. Because of its good taste and rich protein content, it can replace meat to some extent, and it is very popular among users. So, what nutritional elements are contained in textured vegetable protein?
Keywords: textured vegetable protein, soy textured protein, TVP, nutrition, food processing
Textured protein can also be called textured soy protein. TVP contains amino acids required by the human body, has a very low fat content and does not contain cholesterol. Textured vegetable protein is also called artificial meat. It is made by adding a certain amount of water and additives to low-temperature soybean meal, protein concentrate or protein isolate, stirring to make it evenly mixed, forcibly heating and pressurizing, so that the protein molecules are arranged neatly and neatly. The tissue structure with the same direction is expanded and solidified by heating to form a hollow fibrin. At present, TVP is mainly produced from low-temperature soybean meal. Therefore, the use of TVP can not only increase the protein content of the product, but also reduce the cost of the product. In addition, due to its good water absorption and oil absorption, it can reduce processing loss and reduce greasy feeling.
The nutritional value of textured vegetable protein and the applicable people
The nutritional value of soybeans is obvious to all, and it is an important part of the human body. And soybean is also one of the main crops in my country. It has the characteristics of edible oil resources and edible protein resources, as well as high nutritional value. It is also rich in calcium, phosphorus, iron and various vitamins.
Protein is a nutrient needed by humans, accounting for about 45-half of the total weight of human dry matter and about 70% of the total muscle. The main components of human cells, tissues, and organs are all protein. . Moreover, human metabolism, disease resistance, immunity, and genetic information are all closely related to protein. Without protein, there is no life.
But most of them have some shortcomings. They are more afraid of high temperature environment. Therefore, you should pay attention to the temperature of the environment when storing, and some people can not stand the smell of soybeans. Do not use boiled water when eating soybean protein, because high temperature water will destroy soybean protein. The structure of soy milk reduces the nutritional value. Soybeans are easier to digest and absorb than milk. Milk will form large and hard lumps when it enters the stomach, but soy milk will form when it enters the stomach. Small flakes, soft and not hard, can be digested and absorbed quickly. For children, the use of soy protein can promote healthy growth and promote growth and development. For pregnant women and nursing mothers, it can help the development of the fetus and the baby. Promoting breastfeeding with breastfeeding mothers can prevent the occurrence of diseases for middle-aged and elderly people. It can be seen that the edible value of soy protein is still very high, and the range of consumption is very wide.
What are the effects of textured vegetable protein
TVP is rich in nutritional value and chewy, and foods made with TVP are tasty. Therefore, foods made with TVP have always been loved by customers. In the food industry, the use of TVP has unique advantages. Next, I will talk about it briefly for everyone.
- TVP is mixed with various spices and sugar to make a high-protein convenience food for school-age children to make breakfast and break meals;
- Adding TVP to canned meat reduces the cost and increases the protein content;
- After the TVP is soaked in hot water, it can be eaten with various seasonings, which is convenient and can increase appetite. It is a better cold dish;
- TVP is not only high in nutritional value, but also an excellent health food, suitable for all ages. It is an auxiliary curative food for patients suffering from cardiovascular disease, animal cirrhosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hepatitis, nephritis, and obesity.
Which food processing can textured vegetable protein be used in?
TVP is a substance extracted from soybeans and is mainly used in food processing. Adding an appropriate amount of TVP to food cannot increase the taste, and at the same time make the food richer in nutrients, so that more people like it, thereby increasing the sales of the food. In addition, for food processing plants, textured vegetable protein can also be substituted for meat to reduce production costs. Therefore, TVP is widely used in food processing. So, which foods can be added to TVP? Next, I will briefly introduce this problem.
- TVP has good water absorption and oil retention. When added to meat products, it can increase the color, aroma, taste and protein content of meat products, and can promote the integrity of particles and improve the yield, so it is ideal Meat product additives can be added to meat products to reduce the amount of lean meat added.
- TVP has the characteristics of imitating meat structure and can be made into convenience foods with various flavors. Silky and flaky protein products can be directly used to make vegetarian imitation meat foods. Blocks and small particles can be used to make various fillings. Similar foods not only satisfy people’s senses, but also provide a source of protein. It can be eaten after soaking in hot water, and can be used as breakfast and lunch for school-age children
- TVP undergoes hydration during production, has uniform tissue characteristics and specific tissue structure, has good chewiness and meat texture, and is suitable for frying, frying, cooking, frying, soup, filling, and cold salad. In minced meat or other meat products, add 25-50% tissue protein and mix with various seasonings to make dishes that have the taste of meat. Therefore, it can be used to partially replace meat. Soy tissue protein is a real high-quality and cheap food .
- TVP has a good granular structure. After processing, it can be processed into various flavors of dried meat, candied fruit, vegetarian food, etc. During the process of processing tissue protein, different flavors can be added to leisure food. It is possible to prepare snack foods with different flavors, rich nutrition and very good taste.
- TVP is not only high in nutritional value, but also an excellent health food, suitable for all ages. It is an auxiliary curative food for patients suffering from cardiovascular disease, arteriosclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hepatitis, nephritis, and obesity.
TVP has rich nutritional value, natural physiological health functions, excellent production and processing characteristics, and extensive economic benefits. It is a very promising functional food material. If you are engaged in the food processing industry, after understanding the role and advantages of TVP, and want to introduce soy protein, you can contact FP GROUP. FP GROUP can provide the best price and high-quality textured vegetable protein products.