Analyze the difference between soy textured protein and soy drawn silk protein
Abstract: Silky protein is a fibrous plant protein with a texture similar to muscle fiber formed by special processing of soybean protein. Can replace high-fat, high-calorie meat foods, also known as “simulated meat”.
Keywords: Soybean Textured Protein, Soybean Silky Protein, Food
Although both textured soy protein and silk drawn soy protein are products produced from soybeans, there is a certain distinction between the two. The following will summarize years of experience and briefly analyze the difference between soy textured protein and soy silky protein. Soy silk protein is a high-density fibrous plant protein with a texture similar to muscle fiber produced and processed by a variety of plant proteins. It meets international food safety requirements, has high nutritional content, silky structure, soft and chewy taste, and can safely replace all kinds of animal meat. It does not contain fat or cholesterol. It is one of the more popular and safe green and healthy foods.
- Different equipment: the soy protein is produced by a simple single-screw machine (common in China), while the silk-drawn protein is produced by a more complicated twin-screw machine or a three-screw machine (imported equipment is more stable in production);
- Different raw materials: The raw material of soy protein is ordinary edible soybean meal (simple raw material), while the raw material of drawing protein is a mixture of soybean protein isolate, other vegetable protein and edible soybean meal (the raw material requirements are high and complex);
- The organizational structure is different: the structure of the soy protein is irregular honeycomb (some manufacturers’ soy protein products have a small amount of filamentous fibers), while the drawn protein has a wealth of filamentous fibers;
- Different taste: Textured soybean protein does not have the taste of meat, because it has no filamentous fiber structure, so it is chewed into a crumb state in the mouth, while the drawn silk protein has the same chewing feeling as meat because of its rich fiber filament structure. ；
- Different smell: The soy protein is limited by the raw materials, and its beany taste is very strong. Because the beany taste cannot be covered by other flavors, it is not easy to add too much during use.